Arrange temporary vehicle insurance cover for up to 28 days
Short term car insurance is designed for customers who require temporary motor insurance from one to 28 days – perfect and convenient if you need to drive a vehicle for just a short period. Temporary car insurance can be required for a range of different circumstances, including the following:
- Driving a friend’s vehicle and need daily insurance
- Planning a road trip and want to share the driving
- Borrowing a van to move house
- Borrowing a vehicle for a short business trip
- Planning on test driving a new vehicle
If you don’t normally use a van but find yourself in need of one for only for a short while, then you may be worried that you will have to take out a year-long policy. Short-term van insurance can help you avoid this entirely, with cover available from 1 to 28 days.
What are the benefits of Temporary Van Insurance?
- Your temporary policy will be fully comprehensive and available immediately
- It enables you to drive another van or insure extra drivers in your van
- It is available for vans up to 3.5 tonnes
- You can purchase it online 24/7
- You only pay for the days you need
Important things to note when getting Temporary Van Insurance
- Make sure that you are accurate when submitting the number of days that you will need the cover for. This is to prevent you from driving illegally
- To have Temporary Van Insurance, you need to have held a full driving licence for at least 1 year.
- Temporary van insurance can give you cover from a little as a day, so do not be tempted to drive without vehicle insurance, even if it’s just for a day.
*Vanarama has entered into an arrangement with the UK’s largest provider of short-term insurance policies, Tempcover.com. You can find a link to their webpage below. Your policy will be arranged by Tempcover Ltd an independent insurance broker, and your policy will be with one of a number of insurers. You should ensure that you read all documents carefully to check that they meet your needs.